photo: Yulia Skogoreva.
Dancer and Choreographer born in Seville, Spain.
Lucía is interested in all art forms and in her pieces usually investigate with video, sound, text or costumes in a very aesthetic, simple and sensitive way and thinking about the relation between two or more human beings and what unites or separates them. Also in her solo choreographies there is another not-present body to refer to.
Based in Tokyo, she combines her own creations with the freelance work for other choreographers and directors. Her lasts works are supported by Instituto Cervantes Tokyo and by the Embassy of Spain in Japan.
After the studies at the Andalusian Dance Center, she began her first professional stage performing around England, Holland, France and Spain with Manuela Nogales, Los Negros/Álvaro Frutos, Producciones Imperdibles, Cía. Bárbara Sánchez, Cía. La Pública and Cía. La Tarasca. And collaborating with Guillermo Weickert, Abrahan Hurtado and María J. Villar.
Without completely leaving the Spanish companies, in this new stage is opening to the Asian circuit both with her own work and with collaborations with Satoshi Kudo, Nobuyoshi Asai, Natsuko Kuroda, Saori Hala, Junko Okuda, Yuki Takaoka and Architanz. With her latest creations she has visited India, South Korea, China and different cities in Japan.
Graduated in Contemporary Dance and in Design and Plastics Arts department of Fashion Stylism, she is also Yoga and Pilates mat/Pilates pregnancy certified teacher. During her career, she completed her training taking classes and doing workshops at New York, Havana, Vienna, Brussels, Berlin and Tokyo.
- NDA Award for “Flying Birds” codirection at New Dance for Asia International Festival 2017, 2nd Asian Solo & Duo Challenge for Masdanza. Seoul, South Korea.
- Best female dancer 2014/2015 at Premios Escenarios de Sevilla, (Stage Awards of Seville).
- Best female dancer 2013 at I Premios del Teatro Andaluz, (Andalusian Theater Awards).
- Best female dancer 2011 at Premios Escenarios de Sevilla, (Stage Awards of Seville).
- Jury Prize for “Dress Code” direction at I National Contest of Dancing Capsules 2010 in Centro de las Artes de Sevilla.
- Scholarship at Centro Andaluz de Danza (Andalusian Dance Center) under the direction of Blanca Li to specialize in ballet and contemporary dance (2006 to 2009).